Monoi de Tahiti question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coral

Reaction score
I have purchased some Monoi de Tahiti (awesome fragrance) and I am thinking of using this with shea that I have.
I would like to whip the shea and add this in.
Would 3 parts shea and 1 part Monoi be enough for this recipe so that it is not overwhelming if you know what I mean.

I have to use it soon as I notice my husband is taking a liking to it for his hair (go figure) and this bottle I bought for my own stash is quickly disappearing.

Thanks

If the shea is refined, that ratio will be fine. A little Monoi can go a long way. But can I ask why you want to "mix" it? :?:

Hi Birdie

Thank you for your reply.
My terminolgy might be wrong but I meant whipping the shea and Monoi together.

Regards

Hi coral. :) It wasn't your terminology at all. lol Literally, a little Monoi goes a long way and I just wondered why you wouldn't use it by itself? Please, I'm not being critical, just wondering.

Would the shea & Monoi separate because of the melting temps difference? It's getting warm in TN and come this time I don't even stock whipped shea because it melts to nothing if it gets too warm. Summertime is by order only and that's only by people who "know" to keep it cool. Again, I'm just curious :)

LOL I know what you mean now.
Thats a good point Birdie, I should use the Monoi by itself.

Not long ago I bought some bath and body products from the USA and I was given a small sample of whipped shea with Monoi and fell in love with the product so I thought I give it a go to make.

You got me thinking about temperatures though but our season is nearing winter.
And just as a side note is it common practice in the USA when purchasing bath and body products to give free samples.
It always surprises me and I like that gesture and good customer service.
Not something that is done in Australia that often.

Cheers

I have blended shea & monoi with great results using as little as 10% monoi ...my reason for mixing is simply that the monoi can be very fragrant & costly ...of course the shea is always a problem in warm weather if the texture is an issue for you ...

Latest posts

Back