Mom fail.. Candle color in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenneelk

Reaction score
My almost 9 year old daughter likes to play around with melt and pour with me sometimes and I accidentally gave her candle color from peak. :/
I have insane amounts of color from too many places and obviously this one went in the wrong bin when organizing on 4th of July.

Any idea what could be wrong with using it? Like will we turn pink? Ha.
They don't state what's in it on the site.

You can see the flecks.. And I feel so bad but at least she got her cornflower color right and it smells good.

image.jpg

My almost 9 year old daughter likes to play around with melt and pour with me sometimes and I accidentally gave her candle color from peak. :/
I have insane amounts of color from too many places and obviously this one went in the wrong bin when organizing on 4th of July.

Any idea what could be wrong with using it? Like will we turn pink? Ha.
They don't state what's in it on the site.

You can see the flecks.. And I feel so bad but at least she got her cornflower color right and it smells good.

If this is just for the two of you I would test on your inside of your elbow. Wet the soap, rub it on the arm. Dont rinse it off for an hour or so, just wipe off the wetness. See if any rash develops. If it doesn't I would use it. I just wouldn't sell it.

Last edited:
Thanks I was able to get ahold of them and we will look like cotton candy if we use.. Bummer.
They don't know the contents but said it will stain our skin.

Jen, hate that it is not skin safe b/c those are really beautiful. I bet she is proud for having made something so pretty, even if she can't use it - you must have an inspired little soaper on your hands!

ETA: also, you should rename this thread! You are so obviously a good mom, I wish mine had been more like you.

Last edited:
Haha! That's so funny.. And what's even more funny is I have that same pup. This is my Tedders as my 5 year old likes to call him. :) Normally it's Teddy.
We just had him cut the shortest ever since it's been the 100's here.

And I actually want to try it and might tomorrow on my hidden stomach area. It's such a waste otherwise and she loves the color.

image.jpg

I still say try it in that unobvious location. If the level of colorant is low enough, it may be fine.

But I'd keep those for your daughter's use and yours only.

If it fails? Maybe you can get a nice basket and put those in as a display piece for your daughter's room, and to scent the air a little bit?

Yes it would be just for us and my other daughter. :)

And we have been joking about coloring the dog but still haven't decided yet. My 8 year old has a purple pink ombre on the bottom of her hair and my 5 year old I did a blond ombre on the bottom. Both are part Mexican as my husband is so have dark skin and now this partial blond or color.. They look like beach bums. Ha.
Love playing around with hair and color.. After all it's just hair.

My sister did a full peacock once, with cyans and purples and blues. It was actually rather nice.

I would not, of course, want to walk around with my skin dyed hot pink, however. Not to mention the skin safety of the dye!

Yeah pink skin is a whole other thing. Lol
I love my tats but that's as far as I go with that.

Not_ally.. I have a few of their hair i could post. :)
And I have to ask cause each time I write.. Not ally.. It makes me wonder, If it's not Ally then what is it? Hahahaha!

From a TV show back in the 90's, Jen. I had just graduated from law school, was working for a mega firm, and was peeved at the difference between actual LA lawyer life and the glam/groovy version of "LA Law"/Ally McBeal's (the lead character). Hence the name. I should change it, but have used it so long I am just used to it now.

OMG, they are all absolutely GORGEOUS. You must be dreading the dating years :)

ETA: Jen, my nieces and nephews - two of each - are all halfsies (white and Indian), and have brown-ish skin. A couple of them have natural highlights, a mix of blond, red, brown, cinnamon. So pretty with the dark skin.

Last edited:
Back