Mold!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
So, I found a blog entry online with loose plans for an adjustable mold. I printed them out and handed them to my father, whose basement is full of woodworking equipment and asked him to make it for me. This was a few months ago.

He finally did it today and I remember why I don't ask very often. LOL! He made me a nice mold I will absolutely use, but screwed the dividing pieces in, gleefully doing his own thing even after I explained the point was to be able to move the pieces around so I could make different sized batches.

In short, I have to go through and remove the screws and will get some wing bolts or something instead and maybe if I feel ambitious use the extra divider pieces (I really only needed one!) to try to make a cutter instead of using the miter box I bought from Lowes that isn't quite right.

13319697_10209064222379662_6223871503640689109_n.jpg

So, I found a blog entry online with loose plans for an adjustable mold. I printed them out and handed them to my father, whose basement is full of woodworking equipment and asked him to make it for me. This was a few months ago.

He finally did it today and I remember why I don't ask very often. LOL! He made me a nice mold I will absolutely use, but screwed the dividing pieces in, gleefully doing his own thing even after I explained the point was to be able to move the pieces around so I could make different sized batches.

In short, I have to go through and remove the screws and will get some wing bolts or something instead and maybe if I feel ambitious use the extra divider pieces (I really only needed one!) to try to make a cutter instead of using the miter box I bought from Lowes that isn't quite right.

13319697_10209064222379662_6223871503640689109_n.jpg

Aww, bless his heart : )

He was probably just thinking: Nope, we absolutely HAVE to screw those dividing pieces together, we can`t have those things sliding all over the place, can we?!

Aww, bless his heart : )

He was probably just thinking: Nope, we absolutely HAVE to screw those dividing pieces together, we can`t have those things sliding all over the place, can we?!

Bwahaha, yes, probably! I explained that those little compartments would make awfully small batches of soap. The original blog entry had holes drilled all the way through the divider with a drill press so you could fix it with a long bolt and a wingnut. I said I'd go get those bolts if he'd just drill the holes. Nope.

I imagine our house would be hugely entertaining to someone who is not a part of our family. I did still thank him for the mold after we mocked each other for a minute.

Bwahaha, yes, probably! I explained that those little compartments would make awfully small batches of soap. The original blog entry had holes drilled all the way through the divider with a drill press so you could fix it with a long bolt and a wingnut. I said I'd go get those bolts if he'd just drill the holes. Nope.

I imagine our house would be hugely entertaining to someone who is not a part of our family. I did still thank him for the mold after we mocked each other for a minute.

Haha, sounds like it would be fun to be a fly on your wall, lol! But the love is there, so that is the most important thing : D

Latest posts

Back