Mold Cleaning

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
My silicone cavity mold has deposits (ash?) on it and I can't remove it with soap and water. Do you have any cleaning tips? If I leave it, will it affect the appearance of the next batch?

Thanks in advance.

Try spritzing with rubbing alcohol and then wiping it clean. my silicone tall and skinny mold tends to get that ash appearance.

I was always told that meant it was made with cheap silicone and it was breaking down, however I have a couple molds that do that, that I've had for years, and besides that ashy look they make my embeds as if the mold were brand new, so who knows why the silicone does that. If I don't clean it off before using it though it will sometimes transfer to the soap, so I always do what amd suggests and spray with my 99% alcohol, wipe and am good to go!

I always figured it was soap scum. Its in all my silicone molds, even the nice ones.

Can't be that. I've gotten it on some of my silicone molds I only ever use wax on and heat to clean them, that have never seen soap. (or water for that matter)

yeah i find that with my wax melts silicone molds some far worse than others.

have you tried a dish brush dean? i have one just for soap stuff that gets everything off

yeah i find that with my wax melts silicone molds some far worse than others.

have you tried a dish brush dean? i have one just for soap stuff that gets everything off

Haven't tried the dish brush. Will give it a go. Thx.

Try spritzing with rubbing alcohol and then wiping it clean. my silicone tall and skinny mold tends to get that ash appearance.

Thanks so much for the tip. It worked!

Latest posts

Back