Mold Capacity

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Mrs T

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im new to soaping and working with melt and pour.

Can anyone please tell me how I work out how much soap I need to fill a mold. I dont mind having a little extra/under but dont want to under fill by a large amount or end up with a ridiculous amount spare.

Im shocking at mathematics so simplistic guidance would be appreciated lol.

Thankyou in advance for any replies 😊

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Read this thread. It is for CP soap makers; but it should give you an idea of how much M&P you need to fill a mold.

Mrs T

Reaction score
Read this thread. It is for CP soap makers; but it should give you an idea of how much M&P you need to fill a mold.
Thankyou I will take a look 👍

Carly B

Reaction score
M&P soap is close in density to water, I think. When I did M&P, I would weigh the mold empty, then weigh it filled with water.
The weight of the water would be roughly equivalent to the weight of the M&P base you would use. Maybe not exact, but pretty close.

Mrs T

Reaction score
M&P soap is close in density to water, I think. When I did M&P, I would weigh the mold empty, then weigh it filled with water.
The weight of the water would be roughly equivalent to the weight of the M&P base you would use. Maybe not exact, but pretty close.
Well worth a try and I can compare the result to the tip I was sent the link for earlier to see which works best. Thank you