Molasses in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
April said:
Hi everyone:

I said I would do research on the EU regulations regarding soap and B&B that looks like food.

Here they are:

http://www.satra.co.uk/spotlight/articl ... php?id=370

Thought you might be interest

Regards,

April

OMG. :shock: So model food,which COULD actually cause choking is ok, but soap,(which would taste extremely yukky to a child I imagine & quickly spat out) is under the gun? How about they outlaw actual real food that could potentially be a choking hazard?Like lollies,carrot sticks,quartered apples etc etc. World gone mad IMO.

Hello Gekko and Good Morning All:

I was and wasn't surprised. I wonder if this will come to North America?

I found something else on the UK site, but I am not sure I was interpretting it correctly, so I need more research again.

It was about "rights" to designs or something like that. It all started when a crafter/soaper wanted to make a cupcake, but was warned "not to do it" because someone else was already doing it. When I was reading this I though, "Gee, there's a lot of people in North America making cupcakes (etc.) and no one is apologizing because they used someone elses design. Cupcakes (and the like) have been around for a long time, so I wouldn't think that imitating one in soap or Sodium bicarbonate/Citric Acid etc. would be theft of intellectual property. Ah, but before I drift better I find out specifically what was going on the Crafter's Forum UK site.

Best regards to you

Progress Report on Molasses Soap Cake:

Scent

The scent of the "unscented" molasses cake is very mild now. As you have read, it went from pungent to a soft tobacco scent. Now it is a barely there, slightly sweet malt-like scent. I have not iced it yet. Some days I am just a lazy lump.

Regards,

April

Latest posts

Back