Moisturizing Shampoo Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernEssence

Reaction score
Do y'all have a good recipe for a great moisturizing shampoo bar? I've used my plain bar soaps as shampoo but my hair is over 2 feet long and the ends need a lot of moisture to stay healthy.

Thanks!!!

I don't have a recipe anymore, I used to make it years ago but I would have to dig through the boxes to find mine but I think the real trick to shampoo bars is using a good rinse. Add a tablespoon or so of vinegar to a cup or two of water and rinse this through your hair after shampooing.

I used to have hair down to my hips and used a shampoo bar. Then i had more kids and just didn't have enough time anymore... chop chop... now its back down below my shoulders but nothing like before... sigh ;) soon enough they will all be in school and I will have time for long hair again... well, if I stop spending all my time soaping ;)

I like a shampoo bar recipe with at least 15% castor oil. And I never use a vinegar rinse; feels like it makes my hair too dry. I used to keep really long (fell below my waist) and now it's really short, but either way, a high castor oil bar works great. Maybe a splash of jojoba in there for extra conditioning.

Back