Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH/Lye): 4.62 - This is 6%
Water : 12 ounces I used Goats milk in place of the water.
This recipe will make 2 pounds.
1) I first freeze the goats milk to make it slushy, then I pour my measured lye into the frozen slush very slowly. Cool to the temp of 85 degrees.
2) Heat oils till all are melted and reach a Temp of 85 degrees.
3) Combine ingredients, slowly stirring till all are in the pot.
4) Use stick blender to blend with, this will help with the trace.
5) You should have an almost white base for soap. At trace add color and scent. (Some scents will discolor, so check the scent before adding any additional colorants)
6) I cover and leave sit for 24 to 36 hrs. Then cut into bars. I left it go for 36 hrs. because it is a soft soap when you cut it.
Never insulate a goats milk soap, and I use plastic wrap on top to keep the ash from forming.
7) Let it cure for 4 to 6 weeks. In this time it will be a lot harder.