Moisturising Organic Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapySouter

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to making CP soap (only 4 batches so far!) but I've been doing a lot of research and would like to use the following oils to develop a bar that is organic, moisturising, creamy (but still pretty cleansing, If that's possible).

I've been playing around with SoapCalc and have a rough idea but can anyone please help suggest ideal percentages?

The oils are:
Olive Oil
Sustainable Palm Oil (I know there are disputes about whether it really is sustainable)
Shea butter
Coconut oil
Another organic oil- avocado perhaps?

Many thanks

What % are you currently thinking of?

As for other oils, bear in mind that Organic can (and IS!) used widely indeed. You can get non-organic versions of these oils, as I'm sure you are aware - but also you can get ones that are labelled as organic but might not be the same as you think it is.

Thanks for the advice, I'm keen to make as 'natural' and ethical product as possible, a pure coconut oil with 15-20% superfat is also something I'm thinking about but I want a nice luxury soap too. Any other tips on environmentally sound soap making welcome!

Possible percentages I'm thinking:
25% coconut
30% palm
10% Shea butter
30% olive oil
5% avocado oil (or possible swap round avocado and Shea)

The company I plan to buy from state that they comply with EU legislation on organic products and are members of UKOGC and SOPA- do you think I can trust that these products are organic?

For a more conditioning soap I would suggest

Coconut 25
Palm 20
Avocado 10
Shea 10
Olive 35

And super fat at 8%

Good luck!

Thanks Osso! I'll give that a go, must say, I'm enjoying my new hobby, I must learn to pour at lighter trace though, I keep over blending, adding too much fragrance and ending up with cottage cheese soap!

I've been playing with numbers on this myself lately and have come up with this:

Coconut oil 25%
Palm oil 36%
Castor oil 7%
Canola oil 7%
Olive oil 25%

Latest posts

Back