MMS FOs usage info

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cm4bleenmb

Reaction score
I am looking at some of the FOs on MMS for CP soap, in particular the Wicked fragrance (because my step-daughter is such a fan of that horrible book.) I think it's relatively new, the only recipe they have is for lotion and when I use the fragrance calculator I get the 'there is no recommendation for CP' response. Has anyone used this FO in soap? I'm a newbie and I would really like to see information on how it performs--does it accelerate trace? discolor the soap? does the fragrance hold well?
I know some of you have purchased through them before, do they send more detailed information with each product than what there is on the website? They have many intriguing scents but I feel that they are a little short on information. Especially after I did a search for black licorice FO and ended up on NGs site, they give you tons of information on each scent, I was impressed--and I got lost in there for hours. :)

If it's been tested they will usually make note of it. If it's relatively new you may have to be the guinea pig to try it out and let everyone else know how it performed. That's usually what I do if I can't find information about a particular fragrance. I will buy a small bottle and try it in a small batch first. Sorry I'm not much help. Maybe someone else will come along that's tried it.

I think I have them 'liked' on Facebook so if I haven't found anyone who has used it before I'm ready to make mine I will just post a question to them there or I will call and ask. There's nothing noted about it on the website so I'm hoping that's a good sign.
My other dilemma is the coloring. If you're not familiar with the book or the movie, the colors associated with it are green and purple, and they are fairly dark shades, with the green having a little bit of a lime-ish look to it. Can anyone recommend a colorant that will give me reasonably predictable results? I will CP and the recipe will be pretty basic, most likely water for the liquid, coconut and olive for sure, some castor, maybe grape seed, sunflower, cocoa or shea butter, probably no additional additives--I don't have any experience with them and I don't want to introduce too many variables.

If you seek, you shall find. I sent a message to MMS to ask about the Wicked FO and they sent me a reply that included this link:
http://blog.thesage.com/2010/10/15/wicked-witch-soap/

They said they have experienced no acceleration and it holds up well but it does discolor to a light tan. Oh, and usage recommendation for moderate scent was .4 PPO.

Time to place an order!

Back