MMS favorites?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I found this thread.........was looking at their balms and realized I hadn't looked into their fragrance oils!

So it seems the higher prices are worth it because youc an use less? Hrmmmm!

I'm going to be the descending vote. I don't think their prices are a direct reflection of quality or concentration. I don't think anything I tried from them was better than what I got from FB. I used their fragrances few years ago and they were hit or miss for me. I didn't keep detailed notes but I'll contribute what I have.

Acorn & Oak Leaves: didn't smell like fall to me. It smells heavily perfumy and sticks very well. I'm not sure how to describe it. It is too heavy for me but I have a number of people who looooooved it. Next time, I'm dropping the usage rate to 2.5% ppo or even less. I think this is an FO that will make a great blender.

Honey Harvest: this is nothing like L'occitane's Honey. It has a definite bitter almond note. It is also strong and survives cp well. As much as I dislike bitter almond, I find that I can tolerate this FO. Several people ask for it. I ended up pouring the leftover HH on top of the leftover A&OL in small flower molds. Those bars disappeared first. I have bars from both of these that are about a year old and both are still strong.

Bergamot & Chamomile: This one is not very strong and doesn't smell like much OOB or in a dry soap. When wet, it becomes a clean lovely scent. Holding well at over a year. I love it. It is different than BB's Bergamot&Chamomile. I ended up hoarding the bars I made with it for me. They also were the first bars I made with added canola. Who would have guessed that canola from Costco is a luxury oil?

They had an unusual scent called Sake that I liked and it's now gone. I also tried Hydrogen, Citrus and Basil and ended up mixing the 2 for a guy FO. I have to look at what else I tried and update.

I'm planning on placing an order for the 3 FOs above and add Green Tea and their version of L'occitane's Linden. I'll be looking at the recommendations in this thread to add few testers to my order.

Toasted Coconut. I've also heard good things about their flavor oils, Banilla is on my to-buy list (waiting for a sale).

I can vouch that their flavor oils are awesome, and if your taste buds are anything like mine, you will love their Vanilla Banilla- it's so versaltile. Not only is it great on it's own, but it mixes beautifully with other flavor oils such as root beer, mint, orange, chocolate, coffee, etc....

IrishLass :)

They have some of the best FO's I have tried.
Wild Mint and Ivy is amazingly fresh. It's curing as we speak. Some days I don't smell it, but today it is filling the room and is 3 weeks into cure.

Acorns & Oak Leaves is another favorite. Holds up really well.

They have one of the best Honeysuckles I have ever used.

I have been ordering from MMS for several years now, and have never heard about a sale. They currently have a free shipping for orders of $200 or more, but that's as close to a sale as I've ever seen.

What they do offer on a regular basis are freebies you can claim based on the merchandise value you order. The freebies vary but are usually a selection of teas, chocolate bars, note cards, etc. Definitely nice things and I can vouch the chocolate is yummy! The freebies are in their "Gifts and Teas" section: https://www.thesage.com/catalog/GiftsandTeas.html

Back