Mmmmm...chamomile

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happysoap

Reaction score
How tis everyone doing on this beautiful sunny day? Its been raining here forever. Today is the first day with sun in ages :D heh, its about the small things.

Has anyone used chamomile tea instead of water? How strong is the tea? I am thinking of making unscented soap and I am looking for just a dash of earthy smell in the final product.

I make a chamomile soap, but I infuse the herbs into the oils and haven't tried it with a tea yet. If I did, though, I would probably make it 2× strength or more. That's how I usually do all my other teas and such

Unfortunately, I've never noticed any of the chamomile fragrance come through in cold process soap. It's the lye...... :-(

Not even a little "aroma"? I have has some success with rosemary. It left a faint odor. The soap was unscented but had a very fait scent when you hold it up to your nose and take a whif. so I was hoping to use chamomile the same way.

I have a light chamomile scent in mine - made with chamomile infused oil (30%), chamomile tea for water, and chamomile powder added. Smells very nice.

Not even a little "aroma"? I have has some success with rosemary. It left a faint odor. The soap was unscented but had a very fait scent when you hold it up to your nose and take a whif. so I was hoping to use chamomile the same way.

Honestly, not so that I could notice.

Good evening fellow soapers!
Not to steal this thread but being were talking chamomile I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a fragrance oil closest to the real thing...

Well, that is dissapointing. How much chamomille powder to use? Does the soap feel scrubby with the powder?

CTAnton: Sorry, cant recomend any. I tryed a few. They all smelled nice but just not anything like chamomile.

Well, that is dissapointing. How much chamomille powder to use? Does the soap feel scrubby with the powder?

I believe I used 1 tsp ppo. I have only used a sliver of it at this point. Didn't feel scrubby to me and also had colloidal oatmeal in it. I haven't used a full bar yet though.

Latest posts

Back