Mixture

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

If I mixed

Shea Butter
cocoa butter
corn starch
a little bit of powdered sugar...

I am hoping to get a cream texture to where i can make it act like frosting for like a cake so I can make decorations..

would this possibly work.. and not get that hard as a rock?

What are you making decorations for? There is a website showing how to make whipped soap, that they are then piping like icing. The whipped soap itself is pretty cool, and easy to make - this was the first method of soapmaking that I tried. Kids love it, because the soap floats in the bath.

http://nizzymoulds.com/Whipped/index.htm

Too much cocoa would make it hard as a rock. I think you could get a frosting consistancy w/o the cocoa butter.

I agree, I have seen whipped shea piped when it's just shea & tad bit of oil, the cirn starch might help it hold it's shape a bit better.

I want it to be rock hard. I am trying something different for my cupcake tops.. experimenting..

it takes a L O N G time for those tops to melt in the tub. If I leave the top too soft, it will melt during shipping...

I will see what I come up with.

Thanks a bunch..

Oh and yes Becky, I have that link.. thank you!

Yes, I have wanted to make the cupcake fizzies/bubble bars too but knew the frosting would be a PITA!

I love making them. But I wonder if I made the top like a "Bath Melt" it will melt faster..

Back