Mixing micas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherrydene soapy

Reaction score
hi everyone, can I ask do you pre mix micas? If so how long do they last? I have been watching some YouTube videos and I can see people using micas from small Squeezy bottles. :)

I only pre mix what I’m going to use. I go through stages where I’ll soap like a mad woman and then I’ll go months without making any. With the exception of TD, I mix a small bottle and keep that available. I just prefer to mix my colors with a bit of oil from my batch.

I only pre mix what I’m going to use. I go through stages where I’ll soap like a mad woman and then I’ll go months without making any. With the exception of TD, I mix a small bottle and keep that available. I just prefer to mix my colors with a bit of oil from my batch.
Thank you x

I have pre-mixed TD in a squeeze bottle, but rarely do I premix micas and keep them in squeeze bottles.

Besides micas, lakes (pigments) are colorants that are used as a liquid, and although can be purchased as a powder (or as a liquid) perhaps you may be seeing people using lakes? I have used lakes a couple of times, but haven't actually invested in them myself.

Here is some information about lakes if you are interested: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_pigment

ETA: Without a good tight cap, the pre-mixed TD can get a bit thick if not used up soon enough, so I don't pre-mix it anymore.

Latest posts

Back