Mixing fresh CP batter into rebatch?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodge

Reaction score
In short, I added waaay to much red clay into my bars and they're bleeding colour like anything - if I rebatched, could I add fresh CP batter to the mix to dilute the colour some? Is that a thing? Would I pretty much end up hot processing? (Which I have never done before)

Normally I'd just use it as confetti for another soap but it will definitely bleed into the surrounding batter, please gimme some pointers!

Thanks all! :cool:

So here is one idea.
I have created hot process (HP) and added processed rebatch (RB). It yielded a pretty rough looking soap. First I weighed my RB slivers and figured how much additional HP i needed for my loaf mold. I use the double boiler method for both my HP and RB. I make the HP batter in a 2 quart pyrex , and set that in the pan of hot water and start cooking. While that is cooking, I started the RB in another double boiler. Keep an eye on both. Stir at least every 10 minutes to see how it is doing. Mine take about 30 minutes of cooking, then I test for pH. Cook longer if needed. If the RB is ready, but the hot process is not, keep the RB warm; on very, very low heat, adding a tiny bit of distilled water if necessary. When both are ready, combine, add any additives (any botanicals should be added to the HP while cooking), and quickly put in mold.
I added crushed walnuts, crushed yarrow, and cedarwood EO to mine, "Working Hands Soap. "

I've rebatched fresh soap, shredded, into fresh CP batter... If you can still call it a rebatch or its now something else lol

The soap was maybe a day old max, and I grated it as fine as I could, and SBed those bits into some of my oils until it was "smooth." Then after I added the rest of the oils and of course my lye solution after. Turned out ok, traced real quick though.

I've rebatched fresh soap, shredded, into fresh CP batter... If you can still call it a rebatch or its now something else lol

The soap was maybe a day old max, and I grated it as fine as I could, and SBed those bits into some of my oils until it was "smooth." Then after I added the rest of the oils and of course my lye solution after. Turned out ok, traced real quick though.

By Jove that might just work, never would have thought of that! My soap is a fair bit older but if it means I don't have to hover over a double boiler then I'm all for it, cheers!

Rebatching soap in the slow cooker is not all that complicated. I use the shredder attachment on with an old food processor and shred the soap. Here is a recipe for rebatching that I have used with good results. You can use left over soap and odd pieces from soap to grate in with your colored soap, that should dilute the color if you have enough bits from light colored soap.

https://pvsoap.com/re-batch-or-hand-milled-soap/

Latest posts

Back