Mixing Fragrane Oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vedwards

Reaction score
So, I bought the Holly Balsam II and the Canyon Falls FO from Bulk Apothecary. I really like the Canyon Falls, but the Holly Balsam is a little too... Yankee Candle for me. (if that makes sense). I wanted to use it to make Christmas tree soaps, and I was wondering if you can mix FO from different manufacturers or if that's a bad idea. I was hoping to add something like vanilla maybe and see if it would be better....

Thanks!

Vanessa

Edited because:... don't worry, I've just given you earlene's tip without reading her reply properly. :)

Might need to make myself another coffee... :lol:

I use the cotton bud tip as well, or sticking left over soaps together when they are scented with different FO can give you some ideas as well.
I've found few great FO combinations that way.

Last edited:
you can definitely mix FOs from different companies! Just be sure that all of the FOs are safe for what you are doing. I know I've picked up a few candle only FOs by accident. You may want to try the Basalm Fir with a fruit or a floral. Pine and sweet are very good together.

you can definitely mix FOs from different companies! Just be sure that all of the FOs are safe for what you are doing. I know I've picked up a few candle only FOs by accident. You may want to try the Basalm Fir with a fruit or a floral. Pine and sweet are very good together.

Thanks! I double checked after I sniffed it and it says body care safe. My husband likes it, I think it may just be me. lol. I'm going to try vanilla and see what happens.

It is a good habit to check the IFRA maximum usage rate for FOs particularly when mixing them. It is just an added safety measure. Body safe doesn't tell you enough about how much you can safely use.

Latest posts

Back