Mixing FO's or using one already made!?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexi

Reaction score
Ok so I am doing a trade for some soap and the customer would like a vanilla orange soap. She said she wanted it to smell like a creamsicle. Should I order vanilla and orange fo's and mix or just order a creamsicle fo and be done with it? Also if you have a good link to buy any of the above for HP soap that would be great.

I'd go with a one ounce Creamsicle sample and be done with it. I've tried and tried blending vanilla and orange and they've never seemed "right". Missing a sweet note in there somehow....

Brambleberry has a good Creamsicle. 1oz $2.38

http://www.brambleberry.com/cybilla1.html

And they have THE cutest cupcake mold on the home page!!

Lane- I am making a two lb log of soap...would the 1 ounce be enough? It is that strong? Also I noticed the low flashpoint...would that still work for HP soap? I can do CP but I didnt want her to have to wait all that time for curing.
Btw, THANK YOU for your help!

I would buy a mixed fo. Anytime I have mixed my own I have forgotten how I did it & can't ever duplicate it. If you buy it mixed it will always be the same which is what your customers expect. You never want to hear is smelled/different better last time!

Lexi said:
Lane- I am making a two lb log of soap...would the 1 ounce be enough? It is that strong? Also I noticed the low flashpoint...would that still work for HP soap? I can do CP but I didnt want her to have to wait all that time for curing.
Btw, THANK YOU for your help!

Oh! For two pounds, I'd get more. It is a good strong FO, and has a yellow/ orange tint, so no need for color. Hmmm... I guess it is the only creamsicle I've used so I don't know how it compares to others :oops:

I DID however get that cupcake mold at BB, so thanks for your post! Otherwise I wouldn't have checked the site until it was sold out :wink:

Tabitha said:
I would buy a mixed fo. Anytime I have mixed my own I have forgotten how I did it & can't ever duplicate it. If you buy it mixed it will always be the same which is what your customers expect. You never want to hear is smelled/different better last time!

I've done that many times now before anything I keep a big journal with the exact amounts and I do it a few times to make sure its the same.

Lane- :lol: Glad you bought that mold! It was adorable! I had a feeling when you mentioned it yesterday that you might buy it! :wink:

Thanks everyone!!!

Latest posts

Back