Missing ingredients in M&P from company?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seven -

Yes, that was my first question on this post. I wanted to know if she made it herself. I do not believe she did. She says nothing on her site that she makes her own soap which she would tout if she actually made the base herself. Also, the recipe for M&P on this site had castor and stearic acid in it, which she claims she has none of in her "ingredients". No, it sounds like what many have said, she listed what she adds to the base she purchases. I just went back and under "common ingredients" she says her soaps have sorbitol in them, yet that was left out when I asked for the ingredients. Maybe since she listed it somewhere on her website she felt she did not have to repeat it?

I have no problem with her purchasing a base and adding to it, but I do have a problem if I ask for the ingredients and they are left out in a private email to me. She's either ignorant or unethical...take your pick. Neither is acceptable when selling to the public. She's not breaking any laws though, but ethics is a grey area.

I do not mean to pick on this one company in particular. I'm sure there are many people doing what she is doing, but my feelings about it have not changed.

aaww thank you Khanjari :) i just happen to know about this, coz i was the one who posted about the glycerine hp method (which i got from another blog btw). i am still a new soaper myself. living and learning new things everyday.

initially, i thought mp is not possible w/o propylene glycol, boy was i wrong. ppl make their mp in many ways, using different ingredients. one can learn a lot just by looking at the ingredients list on soap supplies shops that sell mp bases.

as for this lady seller, i somehow doubt it that she was making her own base using the gly method. i dont have anything to back this up though, just a hunch, which could very well be wrong at the end :)

Back