Mirror Glaze

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a technique used for the soap challenge club a couple of months ago, so there should be some YouTube videos and Instagram posts available to see. You have to make your soap bars first, and then pour the soap 'glaze'. You need to have your soaps elevated when you pour and know that there is a pretty significant amount of 'pour over' soap that is lost. I set my soaps on cups inside a silicone mold to catch the run off. You could also line a tray or mold with a plastic bag. Sadly, the soap doesn't stay glossy. I understand there is a product sold for icing that you can spray on to keep the surface shiny that works, but I haven't used it. My entry was the black, silver and white soaps. It is a fun technique.
Black Pearl 3.jpg
ocean 2.jpg

KiwiMoose, have you found tutorials?

Meagan Dearmon of Avery Grey Soapery has a tutorial on YouTube as well as in her blog: https://www.averygreysoapery.com/single-post/2018/08/31/Mirror-Glaze-Soap-Tutorial

lsg, here is a video using MP as the glaze over a CP soap:

I wonder how a soap like the one in this video would look with a crystal clear MP glaze over the top.

I think it would enhance the look and maybe smooth out some to the rougher spots created by the gold mica lines, which are lovely of course.

Back