Miracle Gel?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like it might make something nice for short-term use if made in very small quantities and kept in the fridge and used up fairly quickly. If kept at room temp like she suggests, it's going to need a preservative because aloe gel is water-based. Not only that, I can't see how it would stay emulsified for very long with nothing to emulsify the oil with the gel.

Well, that's my take on it.

IrishLass :)

CO is nice for the hair and the soap, it is occluding and many people have a reaction to it. According to many facebook posts it is a miracle oil. I do not think it is. I like it in my soaps and on the frying pan.
Aloe vera is good for problematic skin but I do not believe it cures acne, it helps the healing but that about it. Strech marks maybe CO can help a bit to stop epidermal water loss but I would not rely on it.........

That's what I thought about a preservative... Any aloe I've used says to keep it refrigerated. I'm guessing if it goes in the fridge, the CO gets hard, that's why she said room temp. It seems like a good idea, just not developed well.

It sounds like it might make something nice for short-term use if made in very small quantities and kept in the fridge and used up fairly quickly. If kept at room temp like she suggests, it's going to need a preservative because aloe gel is water-based. Not only that, I can't see how it would stay emulsified for very long with nothing to emulsify the oil with the gel.

Well, that's my take on it.

IrishLass :)

Back