Minimum Longevity Number

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'm not curing my bars long enough either. I've been testing them at four and six weeks and I just two days ago tried a bar that just turned three months old and I think it was a lot better than it was at four and six weeks.
Deffo. I often use mine at just 6 weeks old. I'm right now using one that is 8 months old (same recipe) and it is way harder and less gelatinous.

AliOop
Thank you for the response. I have a two week old pure lard in my basement bath and it is not loads of suds but seems to clean well enough and I hear they get better with time as well. I am not mad at how that works for myself.

I was just thinking of pleasing pickier people around me and also not be embarrassed when I give my family some bars. I am cheap and trying to keep it simple since my wife is not yet that enthused and she will not appreciate me spending too much just to rot or give away.

I got bees and could use honey instead of sugar but read that it is a little trickier and sugar sure seems easy the one time I did it on liquid soap.

I thank you for your answer as well as giving me an alternate route and your reasonings for it.
Cheers
gww
You just wait. Not too long from now, Mrs. GWW and all your family members will soon be begging for more. They will soon see and feel an incredible positive difference when using your soap!

Latest posts

Back