Mini Dessert Soap Challenge!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't started yet as I've been away on holiday. I am starting at the weekend. Feeling behind and panicky, especially considering I have no experience at this at all!

Whew! Did my entry, and felt like a second grader working on a diarama. I mean that in the awesomest way possible.

So I haven't gotten farther than the first day I started... I re-did something I did the first day and now need to keep going. This is more challenging than I expected!

I just had fondant soap carnage. The biggest mess you have ever seen. I made it in white then tried to dye parts different colours. Mixing a sticky mess and adding mica or liquid dye just resulted in everything sticking to my gloves. Eventually I just dyed everything green and went with it. I have to say that I have never made it before and am not likely to make it again!

I would suggest dying the melted soap first. I find that the type of mp soap you use to make the fondant soap has a huge effect. I'm going to make some fondant soap tomorrow and I finished 1 of my soaps but I'm not really happy with it... :( I may do that one over.

Wow. I just linked up my soaps. I'm number 9 in International. Wow. Everyone's soaps are sooooo amazing. I'm really proud of mine because I've never done this type of soap before but mine are definitely rustic, everyone else's are so shiny, and look like actual desserts. Mine still look like soap that is trying to be dessert. I am in awe of the planning and dedication people put in!! How did you all go?

Mine are going to be rustic too and still look like soap. I can't bring myself to look at the link until I have uploaded mine as I know they won't compare to most of the others. I don't mind though as this really wasn't my thing!

My jaw dropped as I was posting my link. Amazing desserts! Geeeeeeezzzz

I've uploaded mine now. No. 10 in the international section. There are some amazing entries!!!! I love the chequer cake, the blueberry pie, the banana split and the cannoli! It will be so hard to vote again. People put so much hard work and effort into these challenges it's amazing.

And yours' are incredible, saponista! I know you say it's not your thing but you're a natural! Going to check out the rest now!

I looked at the soaps yesterday and decided my soaps werent good enough to compete! Lol. I only had 2 made but I re did them all (all but 1) in one evening. Just got done! Took me 3 hours straight. Lol. I used chocolate wine as my food additive (just for a little bit of color and novelty!)

Remember how I said I had a plan? That so didn't happen. Creative energy took over during the 3 hour span and I did not end up with 1 soap I originally intended to have. Will be uploading pics after unmolding tomorrow!

I looked at the soaps yesterday and decided my soaps werent good enough to compete! Lol. I only had 2 made but I re did them all (all but 1) in one evening. Just got done! Took me 3 hours straight. Lol. I used chocolate wine as my food additive (just for a little bit of color and novelty!)

Remember how I said I had a plan? That so didn't happen. Creative energy took over during the 3 hour span and I did not end up with 1 soap I originally intended to have. Will be uploading pics after unmolding tomorrow!

Can't wait to see! And hope you submit your link to the contest/club challenge!

Awww thank you! Makes me happy! I'm putting some forum member names to blogs but it tough with these usernames! :)

Oh how neat! I've read your blog quite a few times...gorgeous foodie soaps! Love putting a forum members name to someone I've read online and such:)

Back