Mimosa scented bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vedwards

Reaction score
Even though my CP soaping today was a fail, I made this M&P and got to play with new micas and a scent I blended. I wanted to make something mimosa scented, so I blended Champagne and Orange Grove FOs. To be honest, I'm not sure I like the scent, but my first set of "sniffers" thought it was good, so I'll take it.

Next time, I have to learn patience and do better pouring the clear and orange soap when they're a touch cooler to swirl them. I was hoping it would be clear and fade into orange, but it bled more than I planned. Still, I like it!

:)

20161027_151415.jpg

It looks great! I also tried for a "mimosa" bar a few months back - blending Champagne with Orange 10x EO. Champagne (from BB) came highly recommended from literally everyone, but I can't stand it. I didn't like it out of the bottle, but I thought it might soap better. I think I did 70/30 Orange/Champagne and it totally overpowers the orange. Bleh!

I hope yours grow on you! The color is very pretty!

It looks great! I also tried for a "mimosa" bar a few months back - blending Champagne with Orange 10x EO. Champagne (from BB) came highly recommended from literally everyone, but I can't stand it. I didn't like it out of the bottle, but I thought it might soap better. I think I did 70/30 Orange/Champagne and it totally overpowers the orange. Bleh!

I hope yours grow on you! The color is very pretty!

Thanks! I love the color - and I'd heard such good things about the Champagne too, I thought it would be great. It kind of smells like weird ginger ale to me. Of course, I always forget that I don't actually like champagne, so doing a fragrance with it is probably silly to start!

I did about 70/30 as well, and I think next time I'll try about 80/20. the orange grove holds its own, but I'd like it to be a little more pronounced. :)

Back