milled soap in the works, EO / FO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodym

Reaction score
good morning, i am in the process of making a batch of milled soap in little flower pots for market this weekend. for a 2lb batch what would be a good amount of fo / eo to add? thank you!!

It depends on the fragrance and/or essential oils you want to use. You might get better advice if you share more details.

Soap milling is tough to do without specialized equipment, but some soap makers do have the machinery. Rebatched soap is sometimes called "milled" soap -- is that what you are doing? Or true milling?

2lbs soap noodles / 4oz distilled water noodles from brambleberry
i added tish of each pumas, calandula flowers, ground rose hips, parsley and some green coloring
scented with eucalyptus, lemon grass, teatree total of .8oz? smells good hoping its enough?

That's about 2.5% which is a medium amount of fragrance. The EOs are reasonably safe for the skin. If this dosage smells good to you, that amount of fragrance is probably fine.

Your rebatched soap is going to be fairly soft without more time to dry before your market. They won't last as long in the bath as they would if they were drier. I give a rebatched soap about the same length of cure as a made-from-scratch soap for the best performance.

I agree with DeeAnna, rebatch soap sometimes takes longer than my regular CP soap. I wouldn't be selling it in a week. Water still needs to evaporate to make it a decent bar of soap.

Back