Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black soap n candle lady

Reaction score
Does anyone out there use dried or powdered milks? I have. I think it saves money. These days it is so costly to even make soaps. Those that use powdered- is the end result as good as when the liquid is used? I like it.

I have used powdered and I liked it :). I think that powdered milk is more forgiving sometimes.

I'm getting ready to make a milk soap tonight and I have some powder I would like to use. When do you prefer to add the powder?

hehe! It's just regular powdered milk I believe. I wanted to make a oatmeal, milk, and honey soap log :)

Okay now I have goatsmilk powder so i might use that instead!

I have the day off so I'm going to dedicate a little time to some soaping... :D

I would like to get some powdered goats milk as well. Where can I get that besides a health food store? Does Walmart have that? I know they have canned liquid.

Black soap n candle lady said:
I would like to get some powdered goats milk as well. Where can I get that besides a health food store? Does Walmart have that? I know they have canned liquid.

Meyenberg's Powder Goat milk are found at most grocery stores in California.

I started out using fresh GM. Then I used the powder, you cna buy it at walmart and mix it with a small part of your water, I add before trace. like when you would add the oatmeal ect. I have also taken part of my water requirement and sub it for aloe juice and mixed that with the GM powder...lots of creative ways to do things :wink: I think the end results have been great

I add some kind of milk to every batch. Goat, cow or coconut.

Deda said:
I am so in love with working with all of it too. Liquid, Powder, Yogurt, Coconut, Cow, Almond. I want some powdered goat. I have a Trader Joe in my town and I guess I will have to head out there! Thank you! 8)

Deda said:

I just tried adding 1 tps of coconut milk powder to my latest batch at trace. Also added 1 tps of fresh aloe vera gel. 24 hours later, I noticed that the center is very oily while the edges have all harden up . Is this normal? :?

Everything esle looks OK. I will cut it later tonite and put in on the rack to cure.

Update: The soap turn out fine & looks great. It was a smooth and creamy bars.

I think powder milk is just as good. :)

Back