Milk powders

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScentedExpressionsSupp

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have several milk powders I want to use and curious how much to use and when to add them. They're as follows

Goats milk powder
Coconut Milk powder
Buttermilk powder

Can I use 2 tablespoons of each and just mix them with my fragrance oil? Or part of my oils and add after trace? Use more or less? I've attached my recipe for reference. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190311-134157_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190311-134157_Chrome.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 23
I mix it according to the package directions with water from batch. I mix my lye with an equal amount of water and the difference I add the powdered milk to. I generally add extra to make it full milk. I add the milk mixture to my oils before adding the lye mixture. I mostly use canned milk and add powdered to make it full milk.

I mix it according to the package directions with water from batch. I mix my lye with an equal amount of water and the difference I add the powdered milk to. I generally add extra to make it full milk. I add the milk mixture to my oils before adding the lye mixture. I mostly use canned milk and add powdered to make it full milk.

What if the package didnt come with directions? My goats milk and coconut milk doesnt have directions for mixing it

What if the package didnt come with directions? My goats milk and coconut milk doesnt have directions for mixing it
That’s surprising.
You will have to guess or look for goats milk in the supermarket.
You could try 1:3 ratio powder to water which seems common.
Then follow shunt’s method.

If it helps, these are the guidelines I have in my notes that I use for a full concentration of different milks (based on their package directions):

Coconut milk powder: 30g powder to every 80 mLs (3oz) water

Goat milk powder: 28g powder to every 236 mLs (8oz) water

Buttermilk powder: 2 tbsp. per every 236 mLs (8oz) water

IrishLass :)

If it helps, these are the guidelines I have in my notes that I use for a full concentration of different milks (based on their package directions):

Coconut milk powder: 30g powder to every 80 mLs (3oz) water

Goat milk powder: 28g powder to every 236 mLs (8oz) water

Buttermilk powder: 2 tbsp. per every 236 mLs (8oz) water

IrishLass :)

Awesome Irish! Thank you so much!

Mine has these instructions:
_20190312_091150.JPG

But I use more or less like IrishLass, sometimes more. Just remember to stir til there's no lumps. I made that mistake once and the soap had milk chunks lol

Just an FYI coconut milk powders frequently have dairy milk by products like casseine in them. I’m allergic to dairy so this is a huge source of frustration for me. I’m allergic to casseine and whey proteins. Sneaky food manufacturers have caused me considerable pain and suffering. I just use canned full fat coconut milk in my soaps.

Back