Milk in soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz-juzz

Reaction score
I came across this blog that claims milk products etc in soaps can produce unknown substances, possibly cancerous. Same goes for other stuff like honey, any food really. As we are not sure what will they become after contact with lye.
Aren't majority of us here doomed lol.
Anyway, your thoughts.
:D

Haha yes guys I think the same. I'm not worried either.
It just annoying people would write silly stuff.

I just made my first ever milk soap, guess I am doomed too :lolno:.Still its going to be a lot of fun with all the good company I will have.

Is better not believe everything on internet when it is not scientificaly proofed ;)
First they tell us to use teflon due small amount of grease required. Now telfon is a killer. I know it is, I dumped it long time ago. I am hacking, am I not?:)

I add 5% heavy cream to my recipe & substract that from my water content, love how my first bar felt even though I tweaked my recipe. Maybe the big bad soap making companies are threatened by all the Artisan soap makers who make better quality of soaps? :smile:

Ya think???

That must be why they are trying to get FDA regulation on handcrafted cosmetics. I am afraid it is a short slippery slope from there to FDA regulation on handcrafted soaps.

Those poor, poor billion dollar companies have to attack the "little" people who are taking small nibbles out of their profits with their (largely) safer, more responsibly made products. They choose to counter with regulations instead of....oh, I don't know....trying to improve their own products!? Cheap tricks over good healthy appropriate competition.

If any of this comes to pass, I will personally teach/encourage anyone interested how to make their own soap, body butter and scrubs (lotions too, when I get my own mastered).

Eggs were good for you, then they caused cancer, then they didn't and were good for you...:crazy:

I'll just keep making my wonderful soap, and eating eggs :lol:

Is better not believe everything on internet when it is not scientificaly proofed ;)
First they tell us to use teflon due small amount of grease required. Now telfon is a killer. I know it is, I dumped it long time ago. I am hacking, am I not?:)

Teflon is def. bad. not a thing good about it, esp when it gets too hot, which they all do sooner or later.All Teflon frying pans "wear out" I took all my Teflon pots and pans down back on the burn pile and gave every piece a good thrashing with my AR. Then, I went to the restaurant supply store and bought all stainless steel cookware. I kept my cast iron of coarse and use it a lot.

Eggs were good for you, then they caused cancer, then they didn't and were good for you...:crazy:

I'll just keep making my wonderful soap, and eating eggs :lol:
Sorry but they are good for you again, so is butter, so is meat:))

Triple ditto. Scaremongers at work. Probably have their own products and trying to up their business.

Actually they are on the right track but it's not the food in the soap. It the soap in the SOAP!!!!!!!! Think about it, have you ever know anyone who had cancer that did not at some point in their lives come in contact with soap?

Back