Quantcast

Milk Frother/Whisk

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

cgawlik

Reaction score
I just scored a bag of 5 of these at a local thrift store for 5 bucks, made mixing clay in oil so much easier

valerieinthegallery

Reaction score
Perfect! I have been meaning to get one of these to try out some powder colorant. Thanks for the link!

(Shipping is a month out - but still a great deal, especially if you can wait or just need a backup!)

Last edited:

Lynusann

Reaction score
I have that exact one for mixing colorants and such and I honestly hate it. I'm just looking for an excuse to toss it.

I have one that I bought on amazon strictly for coffee use and there is a HUGE difference in quality.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GURCTAG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

If I didn't have 50 other things I needed to purchase first, I would buy another one of those and chuck the one I did get that you listed above.

Last edited by a moderator:

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the baby I got.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BROV02/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Some people worried that the end would not do a good job breaking up lumps of mica, but let me tell you - this thing is a powerhouse. I have to be careful not to fling stuff all over the place. And I have never had a problem with mica that is not fully dispersed.

I use one of the other frothers with the spring end when I make 100g batches of lotion, since my SB can't handle such small amounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seawolfe

Reaction score
Yeah thats the same as mine - the Badger. I let some newbies borrow it at a meetup, and I looked over and they had mica all over them... Ooops

skayc1

Reaction score
I got one like the orange one pictured above, it works, however if I don't have enough oil, it splatters, and goes slow or stops.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The $5. ones that WSSP and Bramble Berry sell work well for me.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
The $5. ones that WSSP and Bramble Berry sell work well for me.
I agree. They are tough little things. I've forgotten them in my soap pot and found them submerged in water a few days later only to find they still work.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
They work better and hold up longer than the more expensive one I ordered from Amazon.com. They also have several attachments.

commoncenz

Reaction score
Can't remember where exactly I saw it (think it was a "Soap Queen" video) but the person doing a swirl technique video used one of the coffee frothers and said that she has no problems with them when she mixes colors in vegetable glycerin.

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I got mine at elements bath and body. I've had the same two for years now.