Milk Cartons

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this? Hehehe
_20181219_212941.JPG

I haven't used a milk carton, but I did use two Manteca lard containers last when when I was doing multiple small batches for presents and ran out of molds. The size and shape worked great, but peeling the stuck sides and bottom is irritating, and I have to trim some of it way, which isn't as easy to do as I'd like since I can't seem to trim evenly half the time.

I haven't used a milk carton, but I did use two Manteca lard containers last when when I was doing multiple small batches for presents and ran out of molds. The size and shape worked great, but peeling the stuck sides and bottom is irritating, and I have to trim some of it way, which isn't as easy to do as I'd like since I can't seem to trim evenly half the time.

I line my boxes with paper, milk cartons too. Wrap the box on the outside like you would a present, leaving the top open. Tape the sides. Slide it off and put inside the box, slit down the top piece at the corners and fold down. :thumbs:

(I always hit post and remember something else...)

Plastic drain pipes used for downspouts is something else I've used, has a neat texture. I got a chunk from a friend who was discarding it. Coat with oil first.

Last edited:
I line my boxes with paper, milk cartons too. Wrap the box on the outside like you would a present, leaving the top open. Tape the sides. Slide it off and put inside the box, slit down the top piece at the corners and fold down. :thumbs:

Thank you, that sounds much easier than the way I've been doing it lol

Back