Mikes Recipe for Laundry Detergent

Discussion in 'Lye-Based Soap Forum' started by MsSharLee, Dec 19, 2011.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Dec 19, 2011 #1

MsSharLee

MsSharLee

MsSharLee

I made Mike's recipe for laundry soap for the first time the weekend of Thanksgiving and I am HOOKED!!!
    I didn't have any trouble finding the washing soda or borax in my local grocery store. The process was very easy and I was thrilled watching the as it set up with each wisking. I did wisk more than 3 times a day and I used almost boiling water for the hot water ... it set up quicker than 3 days.

My washing machine is broke and I didn't want to wait until I went to the laundry mat to test it so I put some in a bucket with hot water and threw in some VERY dirty socks (from walking around inside and out w/o shoes) I have a plastic potato masher that I use to agitate my hand washables so I used this to plunge the socks a few time to agitate them in the hot water. I was called away to do something and forgot about them so they soaked in the wash water overnight. To my amazement when I went to wash them out they were clean. I didn't have to do any additional scrubbing, only the agitating from the potato masher ...

I had a few pouches with the pour spout so I filled them with the detergent and gave them to family and friends try it and they've come back for more. I went to the Dollar Tree and bought some 1 gallon wide mouth jugs and currently have 2 gallons almost done and 1 just finished up.

I'm out of pouches and can't find them reasonably priced on line so Now need to figure out a way to package it for giving.

THANKS FOR THE RECIPE MIKE!!!

2. Dec 19, 2011 #2

MsSharLee

MsSharLee

MsSharLee

Hmmm I can't see my post! When I clicked edit all the text was there, I clicked submit and I still can't see it

3. Dec 19, 2011 #3

MsSharLee

MsSharLee

MsSharLee

I made Mike's recipe for laundry soap for the first time the weekend of Thanksgiving and I am HOOKED!!!

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5223&highlight=natural+laundry+detergent

I didn't have any trouble finding the washing soda or borax in my local grocery store. The process was very easy and I was thrilled watching the as it set up with each wisking. I did wisk more than 3 times a day and I used almost boiling water for the hot water ... it set up quicker than 3 days.

My washing machine is broke and I didn't want to wait until I went to the laundry mat to test it so I put some in a bucket with hot water and threw in some VERY dirty socks (from walking around inside and out w/o shoes) I have a plastic potato masher that I use to agitate my hand washables so I used this to plunge the socks a few time to agitate them in the hot water. I was called away to do something and forgot about them so they soaked in the wash water overnight. To my amazement when I went to wash them out they were clean. I didn't have to do any additional scrubbing, only the agitating from the potato masher ...

I had a few pouches with the pour spout so I filled them with the detergent and gave them to family and friends try it and they've come back for more. I went to the Dollar Tree and bought some 1 gallon wide mouth jugs and currently have 2 gallons almost done and 1 just finished up.

I'm out of pouches and can't find them reasonably priced on line so Now need to figure out a way to package it for giving.

THANKS FOR THE RECIPE MIKE!!!

4. Dec 19, 2011 #4

Fragola

Fragola

Fragola

Don't worry, neither can we :D

5. Dec 19, 2011 #5

MsSharLee

MsSharLee

MsSharLee

LOL I even tried to post it again in a new thread and it didn't show. I don't understand why when I can see my response

6. Dec 19, 2011 #6

carebear

carebear

carebear

I see it.

Clear cookies?

7. Dec 19, 2011 #7

cheesenoodle

cheesenoodle

cheesenoodle

Can you post the recipe?

8. Dec 19, 2011 #8

Sunny

Sunny

Sunny

9. Dec 20, 2011 #9

MsSharLee

MsSharLee

MsSharLee

I see it now ... that was weird. Thanks Carebear

10. May 25, 2019 #10

bobryan1

bobryan1

bobryan1

I keep getting an error as well. This is an old thread I understand, but does anyone have any idea why I get an error when trying to pull this recipe up?

11. May 25, 2019 #11

lsg

lsg

lsg

Staff Member Admin

Yes, this is a dated thread; but here is a video tutorial using the recipe.

12. May 25, 2019 #12

bobryan1

bobryan1

bobryan1

Thank you for the link!

13. May 25, 2019 #13

DeeAnna

DeeAnna

DeeAnna