Mike's Fragrances Morphing (In A Good Way)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commoncenz

Reaction score
Is it just my experience with the two scents I've used from Mike's most recently or do most of his scents smell differently in soap than they do OOB? I've just got around to using some of the FOs that I ordered from him and while the Honey stayed pretty much the same, Issey Miyake and Guava Mango morphed.

What's interesting to me is that both the Issey and Guava Mango were not to appealing OOB. However, I was pleasantly surprised by both when I went to unmold and cut the soap that they had been incorporated into.

Out of bottle the Issey smelled waaaay to floral. But when unmolding I noticed that it had actually settled down. While I was expecting this to smell more like the male version, it smells like what I assume is the gender neutral version of Issey. I'll have to check it out to be sure. In any event, it's a pleasant fragrance. Out of bottle the Guava Mango smelled like butterscotch. Again, however, what I got when I unmolded was something totally different. As Galaxy noted in her review on the Fragrance Oil Review Chart, the smell in soap is very much Guava. Not so much Mango; but definitely not butterscotch.

So, should I expect that most of Mike's fragrances undergo this type of morphing to the desired scent?

I have found this as well, even more interesting I've found his fragrances change in lotion as well. I'm not sure if it has to do with exposer to air, or what but I've learned not to judge his fragrances from the bottle.

Well that is good to hear. I have a Pomegranite FO from Mike's and oob it it sooo tart, no sweetness whatsoever. I also have on called Love Butter and it smells exactly like butter oob.
Maybe time to do a little test batch.

Latest posts

Back