MidnightSoapers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am much more of a noon soaper than a midnight soaper. Noon at my house is empty, except for me and it's the perfect time for me to soap. Hubby's at work, kids are at daycare and school, so it doesn't get much better. Obviously, that wouldn't work if you have a job, but I'm currently a stay at home mom, so it works for me.

For years I was a dedicated midnight soaper, but we are currently housing our nephew on our living room pull-out couch (very close to my kitchen where I soap) who needs to get up at 5:00 am for work, so my soaping time has changed to daytime.

IrishLass :)

:nodding: I was just wondering if anyone here is a midnight soaped? That’s when I actually do my best work. I’m alone with no one bothering me. Everyone is in bed including the fur babies. Sometimes I feel like a mad scientist,
Guinevere
Sometimes, if I can't sleep, I'll get up at midnight, or later, and soap. My mind is going and I know I won't be able to get to sleep, so I reach for my soap pot. I figure I may as well do something productive and that I enjoy. It makes the next day when I'm sleepy and can't stay awake at work worth it, plus I have something to look forward to when I get home when I can unmold it. What could be better!!:)

Not very often, as I need more light. It's just too dark at midnight for me, although I have done a quick soap late at night once or twice. But also at the end of the day, standing is much more tiring than earlier in the day, and I am more prone to mistakes if I soap tired.

Add me to the midnight soapateers club please.
its Not so much a no one bothering me or it the only time I have time. Durning business hours I’m usually out taking carelife stuff issues. Soaping has become a personal time for me. It’s my destresser, my personal just me time. Almost meditative in nature. and midnight is when I do my most creative thinking

Ahh, its wonderful when you discover your people! I love to wait til 10pm-if I get an early jump, but usually I begin around midnight or 1am. It’s so peaceful, quiet, calm. I’ve got the whole place to myself with no distractions and I can create! I read something once that said 3 am is when we are at our peak for creativity and production, I always thought it was a bit odd but it rings true for me. When I attempt to soap in the daytime life just gets in the way. What an annoying pain in the butt it is!

Oh yes, get that big oh percolator out and get that coffe going boys and girls!!!:D:rolleyes::D:D:D:p
CoffeCoffeeCoffeeCoffeeCoffee:hippo:

When I first began soaping, years and years ago, I would stay up until 1 0r 2 am soaping... I can't stay up that late anymore, too old, lol...

I soap in the middle of the night quite frequently. I seem to have "creative thoughts" in these wee hours. I do hate that I can never get a good wet soap pic in the middle of the night.

Latest posts

Back