Micas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgogoddess

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have 2 carts on nurture and madmica. Please tell me your favorite colors and fragrance oils on theses sites.

Hi everyone, I have 2 carts on nurture and madmica. Please tell me your favorite colors and fragrance oils on theses sites.
I am a noob, just started 5 months ago. But, so far I love 8th and Ocean, Afternoon Tea, White Tea and Pear, and Aromatherapy fragrance oils, and Flower Girl mica all from Nurture.

I love Nurture fragrances and micas. Persephone's Kiss gets rave reviews, even from people who tell me they don't like floral. I also LOVE Vanilla Fraiche. Peace and Love is fabulous (a dupe of Lush's Olive Branch). It's on sale now because it's being reformulated because the lotion usage rate is so low. So is Vanilla Fraiche. Orange Patchouli is really nice, and it's on sale because it's being reformulated too.

She discontinued my other favorites. :(

You can't go wrong with her micas, either.

Mad Micas micas are by far the easiest (IMO) to incorporate into soap batter. They are very fine and just mix incredibly easy. They stopped carrying/supplying FO's long ago, and now to get "mad oils" fragrances you need to purchase from Arizona candle supply.

I also love Nurture's selections - they've been around longer but both companies are comparable in their quality. I've only used 2-3 of Nurtures FO's and they are all discontinued now.

I haven't bought from nurture but I like the red kit from mad mica. Wholesale supply is having a really good sale right now and it is free shipping for an order of $25 or more. Their milky-way molds are on sale for $5 plastic and silicone. I just ordered 10 new molds.

I am a noob, just started 5 months ago. But, so far I love 8th and Ocean, Afternoon Tea, White Tea and Pear, and Aromatherapy fragrance oils, and Flower Girl mica all from Nurture.

I second Afternoon Tea from NS. Lovely soft clean fragrance. I also love Guilty Grape and Flirt mica from MM.

Afternoon Tea, New Beginnings, and Persphone's kiss are the only 3 scents I have tried from Nurture. As much as I like New Beginnings, I would still pick the other two over it.

I ordered a lot of samples from nurtures soap a while ago. I love the linden lime blossom but it was hard to work with.

I'm super confused about my feelings for Somali soul, but if you're ordering other stuff and they have a sample of Somali soul available, I think it's worth it just to see how you feel about it. It works well in soap. It's definitely an intriguing fragrance.

I have found that the fragrances at brambleberry smell a little more layered and complex to me. But that's just me.

ETA - I'm also a newbie so what the heck do I know? LOL.

I just got the Nurture epic collection.......love it! When I started soaping I ordered the sample collections from MM and then ordered bigger sizes of what I really liked.

Buying samples helps you figure out what colors will work for you.

As for Nurture I love orange marmalade, their red combo, navy blue (got it as a sample and, oh my I love it). I have most of the "vibrance" colors and cabaret has become my new fave pinky purple.

My favorite FO from nurture is Winter Wonderland. Soaps like a dream. I also love Persephone's kiss. For a floral that behaves Frangipani Jasmine is a good choice.

My favorites from MM:
Voodoo
Wicked (great black in soap)
Snow White (easier to use than TD)
Blue Tide (Tiffany Blue)
Twilight
Angry Rose
Guava Lava
Peacock

My favorites from Nurture:
Kashmir
Savage Garden
Cantaloupe
Firefly

I love all the micas from Nurture. I have too many to mention. They all work well and I've not had an issue with them at all. I don't have a lot of their fragrances but love Juicy Apricot. I also like Somali Soul, Blackerry Ambrosia and All Souls Day. I have 8th and Ocean and not a big fan of it nor did it sell well.

I used to order from both Mad Micas and Nurture, but once Mad Micas quit selling FOs I have mainly ordered from Nurture. Many of the micas are the same - just named differently (MM Flashdance = NS Cabaret, etc.). I have so many favorites from Nurture and I don't think you would be disappointed in any of them. The Vibrance micas are always a good place to start. A few others that I wouldn't be without are Winter White (I prefer it to TD), Nocturnal, Maya Gold, Cheshire Cat, Sky Blue, Midnight Blue, Atomic Orange, Laurel Green, Rose Pink and Hello Spring to name a few.

I love many fragrance oil from Nurture as well, but a few favorites are Winter Wonderland, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Anarchy, Persephone's Kiss, and Avalon are among my favorites and behave very well in CP soap.

I ordered a lot of samples from nurtures soap a while ago. I love the linden lime blossom but it was hard to work with.

I'm super confused about my feelings for Somali soul, but if you're ordering other stuff and they have a sample of Somali soul available, I think it's worth it just to see how you feel about it. It works well in soap. It's definitely an intriguing fragrance.
Somali Soul gets better with cure IMO. I haven't tried the Linden Lime Blossom, but you might try Sambucus as an alternative. It's very easy to work with and is a fresh, green, "not a floral" floral scent.

Somali Soul gets better with cure IMO. I haven't tried the Linden Lime Blossom, but you might try Sambucus as an alternative. It's very easy to work with and is a fresh, green, "not a floral" floral scent.

Thank you for that. I kept thinking I was going nuts for really starting to like it. Maybe I should just stop smelling it for a week and see how I like it.

And I'll try with the sambucus scent! Thanks for the info!

I ordered 3 fragrance oils from nurture and I really don’t like any of them. Lavender and chamomile I used to make bath bombs and it gave me allergies for two days! You can’t get allergies nowadays! 🤣 I really wanted Somali soul but they were out. I ordered fragrance oils from brambleberry and I like them much better. Today is my first batch of “real” soap! Wish me luck and thank you everyone for the advice! I have enough micas and oils to make a ton of soap, now I have to do it! I’m a little nervous 😬

I would like to buy more mica. Does nurture get sales every few months or its random?
or do they not really get sales on micas?

I would like to buy more mica. Does nurture get sales every few months or its random?
or do they not really get sales on micas?
Nvm made my $120 purchase of off types of goodies from nurture!

Latest posts

Back