Micas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debi

Reaction score
Newbie question about Micas. I have a ton of Micas that I have used in other crafts, can those be used in soap making? Thanks so much!

Newbie question about Micas. I have a ton of Micas that I have used in other crafts, can those be used in soap making? Thanks so much!

You would need to contact your suppliers to see if they are cosmetic grade. If you don't know for sure, I wouldn't use them personally.

That is what I was thinking. I can't imagine they would be cosmetic grade from the craft store! Just thought I would ask though, thanks for the answer!!!

Since you already have them and after you've confirmed their safety, I'd make a sample test batch and try them all out in small molds. Sometimes micas morph or fade (even the cosmetic safe ones). If they don't work out, I highly recommend checking out Nurture Soap Supplies. They are a fantastic company to work with and show test results for all their micas in CP. I've never been disappointed with anything I've ordered for them.

Latest posts

Back