Mica

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can. I have not used it in MP, but in CP soap, the lye causes some eye shadow micas to morph in color or become totally invisible (no color at all). I don't know how much the heat of melting would effect color of some of the micas.

As others said, yes you can use them, however you results may vary due to the pH stability of the eye shadow, and how much actual mica is in the product. For me, it's easier and cheaper just to purchase mica's that I know are going to work... No guess work, and not getting what I don't want.

I did this the other day with some bright purple eye shadow that came as a freebie with something or other .... And ended up with a beautiful brown swirl on my lavender-licorice soap. It doesn't look bad, but if you're expecting a particular colour, you might not get it...
ETA: my bad, I didn't notice this was M&P.... I'm going to guess it would be much more successful in M&P... In fact, I might just try it with that same eye shadow and report back!

Back