Mica swirling in clear MP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i can't even find a good picture of what I'm envisioning, maybe because it just doesn't work well. I'm wondering about doing mica swirls in clear based mp, leaving a portion of the soap clear, or even slightly tinted. Thoughts?? I can't imagine why I can't find what I'm looking for, unless (as said) it just doesn't work well.

Take a look at these two videos, then maybe Google 'mica swirls melt and pour soap' or variations of that wording.

Funny, the top lavender one was the closest I could find for the effect I'm looking for. I'm hoping to use a a light lab color to keep it translucent, and swirl micas into it. Somebody MUST have done this!

No, I mean straight alcohol. That was a tip from Carrie, at Nurture Soaps when she taught a class on colors that I attended at SoapCon2017. Jewels was in the class, too. It was really fun.

If the micas are already mixed with glycerin, I would not add any alcohol, because you don't need it.

Hmmm... so alcohol as OPPOSED to glycerin! Interesting, I feel another experiment coming on!! It's premature, as I haven't ordered the MP yet, but real soon! I have a week to research.

As per everything in my life, I'm backwards! Starting with hp, going to cp, then mp!

That's not backwards. I've been making cp soap for a number of years now; I just bought my first m&p last week. I only bought it because of something I wanted to try that would, really, work best with m&p.

Ahhh!!! Me too, well a vision anyway!! I've a feeling there is a reason it's not done! All the more reason I'm going to try it, provided there is no outward, obvious reason that I shouldn't!

Latest posts

Back