Mica madness and titanium dioxide woes.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I decided to start working with multiple micas so was getting a little fancy. Dibbles lets keep our fingers crossed on our half and half lady. I am never mixing micas in glass that needs to be washed after. I’m going to dollar tree to buy three packs of disposable cups and spoons. I’ve changed 6 pairs of gloves. The more you wash the color off the more it spreads and sticks every where. Not to mention Mr. badboy titanium. Had everything white till I discovered my faithful white vinegar helps to get it off my soaping dishes and spatulas. It’s never a dull moment soaping.

Today I decided to start working with multiple micas so was getting a little fancy. Dibbles lets keep our fingers crossed on our half and half lady. I am never mixing micas in glass that needs to be washed after. I’m going to dollar tree to buy three packs of disposable cups and spoons. I’ve changed 6 pairs of gloves. The more you wash the color off the more it spreads and sticks every where. Not to mention Mr. badboy titanium. Had everything white till I discovered my faithful white vinegar helps to get it off my soaping dishes and spatulas. It’s never a dull moment soaping.

While you are at the Dollar Store, pick up some that “orange” degreaser

I’ll keep that in mind thank you for reminding me forget to mention the oil slick that will not go away on my soaping dishes.

Here is what I do. Wipe out/off as much of the soap batter as you can with an old dish towel as you can. Spray them down with the degreaser and then set the dishes/spatulas/etc aside in a dish pan (also available at the Dollar Store) for a day or two. Then wash them by hand or in the dishes washer. They will be clean and oil free.

Also let the old dish towels set for a couple of days and then toss them into the washer with whites or with other towels, jeans or bedding.

Ok gecko I think I need 2 bags of disposable rags from Costco now. Cause I have a phobia with stain spots on my dish cloths and they are mostly white with patterns and if there is a permanent stain out it goes. Thank you for the info appreciate it.

I don't know if it will help you, but I premix my titanium dioxide (mine is water soluble) with distilled water in a ketchup style bottle with stainless steel mixing balls. I use it for about a month - then I wash out the bottle - give it a bleach rinse - and fill it again.

thank you for your feedback I decided to do that afterwards but I mixed mines in grape seed oil. 1 tsp to one tablespoon of oil proportion. I think I did 10 in all but should I micronize it first before I mix the other batch

thank you for your feedback I decided to do that afterwards but I mixed mines in grape seed oil. 1 tsp to one tablespoon of oil proportion. I think I did 10 in all but should I micronize it first before I mix the other batch
I think if you premix your TD, you don’t have to micronize it first. Also, that makes a huge mess no matter how careful you are. You’ll be finding TD for years to come in places you will be amazed.

Latest posts

Back