Mica help please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fendigirl

Reaction score
The more I read the more confused I am. How can you tell if micas are
high ph tolerant? For making CP soap. I did email the company, but so far no response.
I would like to order from amazon. Any suggestions as to a brand to purchase
would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of the micas in attachment.????
A9908327-03BE-43CC-93A3-C95C63377A23.png
Thank you

I can’t speak to ordering from amazon as I only order from reputable soapmaking companies who have tested their micas in soap. Nurture Soap has free shipping with 35.00 purchase and amazing micas. Micas and more is also reputable with nice colors.

Micas and More is incredible. You will get quick responses from her. Plus, she tests all her products in CP. On the weekends, she includes a FREE SAMPLE of a color with ANY ORDER. This weekend, the color is clementine orange.

If you want to buy micas for Cold Process or Hot Process soap from Amazon, I would not use those. The company is not a reputable soap making supplier and they have no information as to the stability of their micas in CP soap. If you find micas good for use in eye shadow, it most likely is not CP stable (although some may be, many are not); if you find mica for bath bombs, they are not likely stable in CP soap; so really until one of the reputable soap suppliers starts listing on Amazon, I'd avoid buying any colorants for CP/HP soap there. There are some MP colorants on Amazon, but those are NOT stable in CP soap either.

If the TKD Trading company sold micas on Amazon, I'd buy from them, but they only sell colorants for lip gloss on Amazon. They do carry colorants that can be used in CP soap, but you'd have to go to their website away from Amazon.

So where to go:

Since you are in Canada, check out the Canadian suppliers (I hear they have good products and you don't have to pay fees for buying out of country.)

https://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com/pages/boxes-colourantshttps://candorasoap.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=COLD+PROCESS+SOAP+COLOURhttps://www.windypointsoap.com/collections/mica
There may be other Canadian Suppliers that your countrymen may pop in and recommend.

If you can't find any there that you like, then in the US I suggest:

Nurture Soap
Micas & More
Mad Micas

But be aware there may be additional fees to get it across the border.

I also love Nurture Soap and always get a free sample colorant with any order I place. You can also earn credits for writing reviews (good or bad) which can be applied to future purchases. Not sure if she ships to Canada or if the shipping cost will be doable for you.

Do you have Michael’s craft stores there? I did get two small mica sets from them that actually worked really well. Each set was only $10 for six colors, after the coupon that you get for giving them your email address. Only one of the greens morphed a bit - all the other colors were true in CP. I just looked online and don’t see the exact brand, but it is possible they changed the packaging. The back of the box said they were heat-stable to 150F, but I gelled my soaps and had no problems with that.

The other option is to check out @cmzaha ’s destash threads to see if she has more micas left. She had really great deals on top quality micas from Nurture and others!

I have used the brands seisso & marbles from Amazon and they did just fine in my CP soap. However if you want to be more confident about your mica, then you should use some of the above mentioned sellers.

Great advise above' I too purchased micas from amazon some was good others weren't & morphed to an awful color. Also make sure the colors are suitable for CP soaping, usually its listed in the details of the item. I just ordered micas colors from Nurture Soaps they had a lot of colors & you can see what the soap color is when used in a CP method, Happy Soaping.

Latest posts

Back