Metaphysical Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all so much. When I started I had no idea other than space (the final frontier…. Sorry wrong time and place for that) now I have a lot of directions to take this. I really like the idea of tying the Zodiac signs with the 4 elements.

Mrs. Spaceship, have you ever checked out Ayurveda? My background is Indian, it is pretty interesting stuff. My sister and I are (eventually) starting a small business distributing an Ayurvedic hair oil, and the back story is really fascinating (at least to me), I have learned a lot about ayurveda in the process.

not_ally, I have a basic understanding of Ayurveda, but have never gotten into it beyond that. I do love a good hair oil though, and am on the never ending quest for the perfect one.

Okay I have 5 designs planned out. Just waiting on my supplies to arrive from WSP. I am wondering if I could take my Brambleberry 5 pound mold and put a piece of acrylic in the center (and maybe around the sides) to make two skinner (and maybe taller) loafs. Anyone ever tired this?

Oh and here is the plan so far:

1) Space
Scent: Lunar Eclipse
Design:
Black base color
Drop swirl of purple, blue, pink, blue, purple
Piped Top
Glitter in the soap base for stars

2) Fire-Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius
Scent: Orange Clove
Design: Tall and skinny
Bottom quarter red
Activated charcoal line
ITP swirl of red, orange, yellow, and black with a piped top
Sprayed with 24K Gold Mica

3) Earth-Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn
Sent: Patchouli / Sunflower blend
Bottom quarter dark green
Activated charcoal line
ITP swirl of dark green, light green, and brown with a piped top
Sprayed with Brown sparkle mica

4) Air-Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius
Sent: Lemon / Mint blend
Bottom quarter light blue
Activated charcoal line
ITP swirl of light blue, dark blue, and white with a piped top
Sprayed with Mica, not sure what color just yet maybe a silver?

5) Water-Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces
Sent: Eucalyptus / Peppermint blend
Bottom quarter dark blue
Activated charcoal line
ITP swirl of dark blue and light blue with a piped top
Sprayed with Aqua Green Mica

You could probably combine space and air. And will there be enough color differences to tell those from water? Both have the charcoal line and much the same colors.

I might also go with some "aromatherapy" type scents for something like energy, tranquility, etc. Use colors as appropriate.

Those are very nice. I could be wrong but I am getting the impression that this is just a seasonal display for her. Which of course could change if they sell really well. She wants soaps for this but also soaps, wax tarts, and room sprays for the regular part of the store.

Okay here are the soaps. It didn't go completely to plan, but when does it ever? I am really happy with how this turned out.

The first row is the Element Series. Water (scented with Eucalyptus and Peppermint), Fire (scented with Orange Clove), Earth (scented with Bamboo Hemp), and Air (scented with Lemon Mint)

The second row is the Galaxy Soap scented with Yuzu

metaphysical%20collection.jpg

Very lovely. When I look at them I think, maybe ayurvedically, "ohhhmm." I never knew you guys were so diverse in your cosmic concepts. How very cool!

Mrs. Spaceship, I'd swear you are my cousin Aingeal Rose who does tea readings, akashic record readings, and her Irish boyfriend is a spiritual artist. I miss them and you have me reminiscing. I get alternative better than traditional I think but the french blood/ Catholicism is deeply rooted, too. My aunts are always in church, always rosary-ing it, and Catholicism now seems more Bouchard than anything else. I digress. I guess I am getting the language in between the written word and liking it. To each his own, I say. Happy thoughts!

Latest posts

Back