Metal Note!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectsoap

Reaction score
I just made my first batch of CP soap last night and made one "opps" It was a small batch and I haven't ordered one of Paul's Togs yet, so I used a silicone bread loaf mold, well the silicone was colored red... So the bottom and sides of my soap had an orange color to them, kinda like spaghetti sauce on a plastic bowl. I just trimmed th orange off and looks ok!
Now I have to wait... to see how my first batch turns out. ugh!
Note - Do not use colored silicone, use clear until you get one of Paul's TOG.
Jeff

Oh no! Dont you hate that! I had a complete disaster the other night with Goats Milk.. It was a terrible mess! But someone else here had told me about the plastic rubbermaid drawer organizers.. I went to Walmart and got to of them- they are 15 inches long by 6 wide.. 2 inches high. And actually they are different measurements slighty on the lower half.. They kinda bow up and out a bit..Actual- 14 1/2 by 5 1/2.. Yet they make a decent 2 plus pnd saop mold. Have been making some recipes with Crisco, Olive, Coconut - turned out pretty nice. I get pretty disgusted when i make a soap mistake! lol

mickie

Yup - But it was a very fixable mistake! Live and learn :D
Thanks for the tip on RM organizers!
Jeff

Metal Note

Oh Oh! Guess I am going to have blue soap again!! I used a silicone mini loaf pan for my last batch...dark blue silicone...haven't unmolded yet...thank goodness I just got the TOG beveler! I have a red hearts silicone mold I was going to use for some Valantiine soap....guess not!! Seems like every time I use a mold that is not Paul's, I get into trouble! LOL!!!

Re: Metal Note

reallyrita said:
Oh Oh! Guess I am going to have blue soap again!! I used a silicone mini loaf pan for my last batch...dark blue silicone...haven't unmolded yet...thank goodness I just got the TOG beveler! I have a red hearts silicone mold I was going to use for some Valantiine soap....guess not!! Seems like every time I use a mold that is not Paul's, I get into trouble! LOL!!!

OoOoOoO Let me know how well that TOG beveler works! I've been eyeing it for some time! They also make that hearts mold in a light light pink, I got one last year and it didn't stain my soap.

Metal Note

They make a pink one? I am going trolling for that as soon as the snow plow man digs me out!! I have had my red one since this summer and I have used it many times for MP. Does not stain MP. MY blue mini loafs are in the fridge...experimenting with non-gelling again!! I used the beveler about 10 seconds after I unpacked it! I had some bars that I made in my kelsie mold in October.(before I got my first TOG). I have ash on them and boy are those babies hard now.

The beveler worked great...I needed a little bit of push to it because the bars were really hard. I don't get that ash with the TOGs...and I have not had ash either in the soaps that I have put in fridge to stop gel. But, I think I like gelled better...

Yes! In WAl mart the have, near the kitchen supplies, a section of light Pink Breast Cancer Awareness cooking utensils, and in the back in the craft section, they have a pink Valentines section. Both areas should have two different light pink "muffin" molds.

I put a layer of cling wrap directly on the top of the soap and I haven't had a pinch of ash since, plus it warms up the soap nicely, if you decide you want to gel.

Metal Note

I hope to get out to Walmart tomorrow to look for the pink silicone heart mold! I have to go to WM anyway to buy pepper spray to take on my daily dog walk on the trail behind my house. Monday I saw mountain lion paw prints in the snow and Tuesday my dog came nearly nose to nose with the poor creature minutes after we left the house. Boy was that scary. We have not stepped outside since!! LOL Animal control told me to keep my dog on the leash and carry the spray....can't get out until snow plow man comes so I have been busy making soap...blue and otherwise. We are going out now for some fresh air but sticking to the driveway. Always something new to worry about.....huh?

Sometimes I use silicone and they are brown but have never turned my batch colors I wonder if it's just a problem with certain brands- interesting.

Latest posts

Back