Mens FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael732

Reaction score
I was hoping someone had a good recommendation for a masculine FO. I plan to make a "mechanics soap". This will have a pumice for cleansing. I typically buy from Bramble Berry but I'm not stuck on them for a good FO.

Thank you for the help.

Mike

I use Blood Orange in my mechanic's scrub and the guys like it. A pine scent would be good too.

I'm not sure I would use a cologne type fragrance for this type of soap - unless you intend for it to be a shower bar? In which case, rethink the pumice. A maker sent me a pumice bar for my husband and he hated the scrubby. He wanted lots of lather to get clean, not for exfoliating.

Maybe consider something refreshing like lemon, tea tree or mint, assuming it's hand soap. If it's for body use, be cautious about the last 2, they can tingle or sting sensitive areas...

I use Blood Orange in my mechanic's scrub and the guys like it. A pine scent would be good too.

I'm not sure I would use a cologne type fragrance for this type of soap - unless you intend for it to be a shower bar? In which case, rethink the pumice. A maker sent me a pumice bar for my husband and he hated the scrubby. He wanted lots of lather to get clean, not for exfoliating.
Thank you. Its funny because I use a shower bar with pumice everyday and never think that lather helps clean. Its just my opinion. But taken to heart. I have seen other talk of blood orange. Thanks.

Maybe consider something refreshing like lemon, tea tree or mint, assuming it's hand soap. If it's for body use, be cautious about the last 2, they can tingle or sting sensitive areas...
Tingle is sensitive areas? That could be a winner. Lol, I get what you're saying. Lemon might be a good idea.

If you're open to EOs, I'd recommend eucalyptus citriodora (also called eucalyptus lemon). You get a very fresh scent and a lemon that sticks - all in one! I blend it with spearmint EO to sweeten it up a bit. I use only a tiny bit (2% eucalypus citriodora + 1% spearmint) for a good, strong scent.

If you're open to EOs, I'd recommend eucalyptus citriodora (also called eucalyptus lemon). You get a very fresh scent and a lemon that sticks - all in one! I blend it with spearmint EO to sweeten it up a bit. I use only a tiny bit (2% eucalypus citriodora + 1% spearmint) for a good, strong scent.
That sounds interesting! Is it also traditionally eucalyptus scented?

I love lemon eucalyptus! It is very lemony and does stick better than straight lemon EO.

I just looked it up and I can get it from my local supplier - very good price! I'm not a fan of eucalyptus usually but this sounds quite yummy.
Yes! And a little goes a long way! It's a bit sharp, which is why I sweeten it with spearmint. You seem like a master blender, so if you decide to sweeten it, I'd be interested to know what you came up with.

Back