melting/pouring temperature for M and P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
good morning fellow soapers!
I'm melting my SFIC base in a double boiler and just wondering if I should not allow the temperature to exceed what I'm seeing regularly, which is 155 F. Seems what I'm viewing as that sweet spot of 140 F or so is not the easiest thing to achieve...I'd appreciate your thoughts on temperatures...Many thanks!!!

I really suck at m&p but my daughter excels at it, all I know is she called the manufacturer to find the optimum melt temp of her Stephenson base because she had a lot of trouble with it. I have one m&p base I make that has to be barely melted or it will wrinkle when poured. She does use a large temperature controlled melter for full block of soap but uses an induction hot plate when she is melting smaller portions. Apparently the induction hot plate helps hold the temp where she wants it.

thanks Carolyn...glad to know I'm not the only one feeling there's a little more to this than meets the eye...

Back