Melting CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judiraz

Reaction score
I want to use soap scraps to make sugar scrub cubes but I'm having a devil of a time getting my cured CP scraps to melt out. Any hints?

OK, didn't know about adding water...I've never rebatched or anything. I was trying to melt the CP like melt & pour and couldn't get anywhere close to a liquid state. I don't need it to be runny but I do need to be able to have it fluid.

Yep- CP won't melt anything like M&P at all. Adding water and heat will help get it to a fluid enough state, but it tends to set up quickly once it hits the air, leaving it with a somewhat rustic/lumpy texture.

IrishLass :)

I'll have to try adding a bit of water. The sugar scrub cubes are simple with M&P but here in Florida they are a sweaty mess! I made a batch with CP Sunday that didn't hold together because the soap wasn't fluid enough to mix well. Last night I shaved my soap with my planer and heated it. I added some olive oil and mixed the sugar in REAL fast. They look rustic, but worked really well. I just think if I could get the soap a bit more fluid I could get a better mix. I have tomorrow's project in mind! Thanks for he hints.

Latest posts

Back