Melt & Pour Wonders - Soapstar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapstar99

Reaction score
Hello, Lovely soapers,

This is the first time that I am ever posting on a forum or reaching out to fellow members but I did read a few posts and all of you seem so wonderful.

So, I have only just started experimenting with melt and pour soaps and I am absolutely thrilled. I loved creating a variety of batches. Also, did do a few test runs and ensured that the base and ingredients are chosen well. However, I am learning as more as I go. Any inputs from you guys are always welcome.

I am in India and there are a few things I need help figure, general and country-specific. Let me know if you guys know :)
  1. Where / what company or organization can I trust to procure soap bases that are Paraben & SLS free - where can I find them / can someone get me in touch?
  2. Any suggestions on organic packaging material? specifically for the glycerin base soaps that now need a plastic wrap to ensure they don't sweat at all or lose their pretty
  3. What would be a good weight to price ratio, any thoughts?
  4. How to best determine the quality fo the final product. Apart from feedback/trials/ Ph tests. Any testing or safety regulations one needs to follow?
I have attached a couple of images of the ones I made recently. Let me know what you think.

Thank you all
SS

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 22
  • coffee crush1.JPG
    coffee crush1.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 22
  • triple butter bar.JPG
    triple butter bar.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 17
I can't help with your questions but I have to ask, what did you use for that stunning green?

Hello, Lovely soapers,

This is the first time that I am ever posting on a forum or reaching out to fellow members but I did read a few posts and all of you seem so wonderful.

So, I have only just started experimenting with melt and pour soaps and I am absolutely thrilled. I loved creating a variety of batches. Also, did do a few test runs and ensured that the base and ingredients are chosen well. However, I am learning as more as I go. Any inputs from you guys are always welcome.

I am in India and there are a few things I need help figure, general and country-specific. Let me know if you guys know :)
  1. Where / what company or organization can I trust to procure soap bases that are Paraben & SLS free - where can I find them / can someone get me in touch?
  2. Any suggestions on organic packaging material? specifically for the glycerin base soaps that now need a plastic wrap to ensure they don't sweat at all or lose their pretty
  3. What would be a good weight to price ratio, any thoughts?
  4. How to best determine the quality fo the final product. Apart from feedback/trials/ Ph tests. Any testing or safety regulations one needs to follow?
I have attached a couple of images of the ones I made recently. Let me know what you think.

Thank you all
SS

Packaging:

They are beautiful! There is a biodegradable cello film that you can use there is also a perforated one so the smell comes through, but I would personally not use it because it lets air and moisture in. I live close to the coast. You can buy the film in rolls and use a rail to seal many bars fast, I'll put the link at the bottom. First investment is pricey, but it will be a lot of soap produced before you have to purchase more. You can have sample bars out to showcase scents.

Supplies:

Try brambleberry.com for supplies, I think they may have some options for what you're looking for. They have pretty strict quality control. You can always ask for their data sheets on the ingredients and call them and ask how they maintain control of their quality. Some of you other more experienced soapers will have to make other recommendations.....

Pricing:

As far as pricing, you will have to take into account all aspects of your product. Bramble Berry has a business section and a good little article on how to price, and many other topics. Good solid free info and a good start. You can then go to etsy and see what other soapers are charging for similar products.

Quality & Testing:

Other than handing bars out and getting feedback and using your own product,there are not a lot of options for "testing" . That said don't hand bars to just friends. Send a few samples to experienced soapers who are willing to give you feedback. You should test your bars over the course of 3 months, 6 months, 9 & 12. So for your test lot you need at least 4 bars to see how it cures and changes over the course of a year. That is what I have read in numerous places. Other than that, you have to send to a lab, and they test it usually over at least a course of 6 months. Its pricey.

National Shrink Wrap System

https://www.nationalshrinkwrap.com/home.html
Bramble Berry

Pricing Article:

https://www.brambleberry.com/articl...-products.html?fdid=3-business_article_studio
Labeling Article:

https://www.brambleberry.com/articl...-products.html?fdid=3-business_article_studio
For more small business articles Go to BrambleBerry.com then click on " In The Studio" then to far right uunder articles, click on small business.

There are more articles at SoapQueen.com, the old web site.

Hope this helps :)

I do not have any tips or help I can give as I am just dabbling with melt and pour today but I just wanted to say your soaps look so good!

Also ive been using bramble berry and their products have been so nice!

Back