Melt & pour sweating heavily...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After pouring your soaps put them on a rack with a fan directed on them to cure for a week or two before packaging. It should help with your sweating issues. Until you have poured your soap keep the soap in the original packaging tightly closed.
Just a thought, would a food dehydrator do the job?

@Rattanjeet, I started M&P a year ago. I didn't seem to have a problem with my first soaps which were made from a white base. When I used a clear base, I looked at my beautiful soaps a week later and they were covered in sweat. Looked really disgusting. I scraped it all off and wrapped them in plastic wrap as others have suggested. They seemed to draw moisture right through the plastic! But, in retrospect, I realize that I waited too long to wrap them (after I had scraped off the sweat), so they probably had already drawn some moisture. I tossed the sweat soaps in a box. When I read on this forum that, at some point, M &P will stop sweating, I went and found those soaps. That was maybe in November? I cut off all sweat, put them in a baggie unwrapped and left the baggie open a little. I checked after a month or so. They weren't sweaty. So, I took them out of the baggie and I have them just sitting there on a shelf, exposed to the open air. It's been a month or two. Still no sweat. I live in the Northwest. So, we turn the heat on in about September and leave it on until March or April. That really sucks from moisture from your skin and the air. So, I don't know if these soaps aren't sweating because they are "cured" or because there is probably zero moisture in the air. I'm hoping it's because they are cured! But, I have decided that I am going to try the fan technique suggested by @Soma and @cmzaha . I make soap as a hobby but I hate worrying that soap I gave someone as a gift will get sweaty and disgusting after they unwrap it.

Latest posts

Back