Melt & pour sweating heavily...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Reaction score
Hello, i am a newbie in soapmaking world. One day i decided to buy 2 pounds of melt n pour soap and find it very easy to make. But, just in hours they starts to sweat, and in a night they sweated heavily...disgusting 😅 later i found that i supposed to buy melt n pour soap with stable glycerin. Ok thats a good lesson, but there are still more plenty old melt n pour (which cause sweating a lot) and dont want them to be in vain...is there any additives i can use to prevent the sweating?

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your soap is attracting moisture from the air. Keep it tightly wrapped.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try putting them on a lined rack, you do not want them sitting directly on metal, with a fan aimed directly on the soap letting them cure for at least a week, two weeks would be better. Melt and Pour soap really does benefit from curing. After they have cured and hopefully stopped sweating wrap them in saran tightly.

Living in a high humidity area you would be better if you can find a low sweat m&p base but you may not be able too. I am not sure how readily available they are. But the fan method should help you out a lot.

Todd Ziegler

Reaction score
There's no additive to prevent sweating. Follow the advice of the first 2 posts and you will be ok.

Reaction score
Ah, i see. I have never let melt and pour soap cured--i always assumed that mnp can be used immediately after it harden.
Thank you for your responses! Its nice to get some advice from experts :)

Latest posts