Melt and pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black soap n candle lady

Reaction score
Oh oh! I think my 13 year old son has got the soapin bug! He made some killer not to mention beautiful melt and pours! I think this type of soap really gives artists the ability to be very creative as well as safe. I will have to try to upload some pics at a later date.

Can't wait to see them! I too, love being able to "create" with MP soap! It can be so much fun. My 13 yr. old daughter has created a few soaps, though she's not into it as much as I had hoped she would be.

Hijack

jadiebugs - have not visited your site in awhile. Went a moment ago..........your lilac soap is FABULOUS!!

Digit

Thank you, Thank you....(humble little smiley!) The grapefruit is the one my daughter created...she's was so proud of herself (as she should be). I must confess though, I haven't made ANY soaps for months now until today...made 2 small batches of CP. A 100% OO (in a pringles can....so far so good) and my first Goat's Milk with Citrus & Teakwood fragrance. I'm all excited again want to go make some more, but if I do it'll have to be in a cardboard box....

I wanted to start the melt & pours but didn't get to it today.....soon though, soon.....

My daughter made mp forth of july soaps three different colors ( I helped of course) and they all sold! She was so proud of herself also because she even came up with the scent mix and the name!

hey pepper, how old is your daughter? Did you get any pics of the soaps she made? I'd love to see them. I had big plans for a "4th" loaf of MP, but I never did get around to making it.
(I enjoyed a little 2 week vacation visiting my other daughter in Kansas over the 4th though. I noticed her Olive Oil sitting in her cupboard and tried to convince her to go get some lye so we could make it into soap! but she didn't go for it, :cry: )
I do really wish I knew some creative ways to get my youngest (13) into it more, I'd love to make soap with her, but she didn't even want to help me make my first goats milk today!!! I did show her that facinating gelling goin on in the mold though, that roused her curiousity a bit. Then she told me that if I had decided to make MP today, she'd probably have wanted to help.....

I can't seem to win anymore these days...... :roll:

This was last year and ironically, the lady who purchased it thought it was kewl that I let my daughter do this and because her daughter was born on 4th of July! I was like wow very kewl! She was 10 and we did it with the microwave and I showed her how to measure and mix properly. She loved every minute of it.

:idea: Since it seems we have quite a few creative and talented youngsters here (Digit applauds the mamas & papas), how about a sub-forum in the photo gallery just for young soapmakers to show their stuff? Kidz n Soaps. It would be so encouraging to them to see their creations showcased for everyone to see.

Hey Mods...............what do you say? :D :D

Digit

I think they can post their creations in the diy section and even the photo gallery!

pepperi27 said:
I think they can post their creations in the diy section and even the photo gallery!

Well...........yeah. I was just thinking having their own special gallery. Kind of highlighting their work so it does not get lost among the others.

Digit

Thanks for all the great responses! It would be so great to get a corner just to show case young talent. It is so encouraging to see that your child has the gift to soap, make candles, play music or whatever they love!

Latest posts

Back