Melt and pour soap mixing oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anna232

Reaction score
Hi,
So i am new to soap making melt and pour but i would like to make a soap with different oils such as olive oil, apricot oil. would i be able to do this?
and would i need to have a white melt and soap and also a transparent?
Thanks

Hi @anna232

You can only add very small amounts of additional oils or other additives to your M&P base, or your soap will not turn out very well. Check the manufacturer's instructions for your specific base to determine just how much can be added.

Whether you use white or transparent base depends on what color and look you want to achieve for your soap.

Ok great, so my mold has a capacity of 1400 grams what percentage would the melt and pour be if I am using the Stephenson brand?

I plan on using only a clear/ transparent base for my soap.

Thanks

Ok great, so my mold has a capacity of 1400 grams what percentage would the melt and pour be if I am using the Stephenson brand?

I plan on using only a clear/ transparent base for my soap.

Thanks
Check with Stephenson or the reseller where you bought it, and they should be able to tell you the correct percentage for the specific base you plan to use. :)

So i am new to soap making melt and pour but i would like to make a soap with different oils such as olive oil, apricot oil. would i be able to do this? and would i need to have a white melt and soap and also a transparent?

Yes and no. Because saponification has already occurred in M&P, any additional oils or butters you add would not turn into soap. That doesn't mean that you can't "Super Fat" your M&P...we do it all the time in Cold Process and Hot Process Soap, but you want to be careful about how much you use or your soap will end up being 'greasy'.

Too much oil will reduce the lather. Check suggested rates with the manufacturer or the reseller.

Latest posts

Back