Melt and pour packaging question.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taralewis3051

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a melt and pour newbie. I have been making cold process soap for many years but decided to try my hand at something new. My question concerns packaging the finished soap. I know shrink wrap is the preferred method to protect the soap from humidity. I am currently making flip flop soaps. I am wondering if I can place a pair of them on a piece of cardstock and then shrink wrap them. I tried to shrink wrap a set without a base but the shrink wrap seems to pull the two bars tightly together and the package seem to bow slightly. I thought a cardstock base might be the solution but am not sure if the soap can sit directly on the cardstock during storage. Can someone please help me with this.

I think card-stock is fine. You might have difficulty shrink wrapping around it though because of the sharp corners. You may also wind up with some staining on the card-stock from the soap.

Ive made guest soaps I wrapped two to a pack and I shrink wrapped 3 sides and then put them on a counter and held them down with my fingers and shrink wrapped the top and it helped with the bowing.

I have found that trimming the card stock so it does not extend beyond the edges of the soap prevents the 'sharp edges' problem when shrink-wrapping. If I don't do that, I have had the shrink wrap tear at that point. - I use card stock for some of my labels & shrink-wrap around the labels. (This is with CP soap & not MP as I don't do a lot of MP so haven't actually used card stock with any as yet.)

Latest posts

Back