melt and pour from scratch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobelloy

Reaction score
Curious to know if there's many others making their own M&P from scratch, I've had a go, it worked but could have been better (cloudy, sweaty, didn't pour like the bought stuff, formed a skin very quickly) I've bought the book that everyone all over the internet recommends, its in transit.

Why do other people do this, I think I was mainly trying to impress my friends who like to 'make their own' soap (melt, colour & fragrance their store bought MP), but I also see that most commercial MP has a lot of detergent in it that doesn't seem to be necessary. I like the instant payoff, ease and creative possibilities of MP over the lengthy curing of CP and lumpy stickyness of HP too.

What do other people think about this?

Curious to know if there's many others making their own M&P from scratch

thanks for posting this. I have been looking at this lately also. I have found recipes that use denatured (sp?)alcohol, so I read up on what that is and I found it scary so I have changed my mind until I find out if other alcohol can be used. thanks for all the links earlene--I will have to read them (if I haven't already, I read so much on soaping sometimes my head twirls around backwards :) )

Latest posts

Back